Last week, we were nominated by Jonathon Dean Coey who runs The Science Boi Blog.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
As Jonathan explains it, “the award is driven entirely by the community, passed from blogger to blogger in recognition of their inspiring, creative and motivational blogs. Each nominee passes it on to 11 of their favorite bloggers, and round and round it goes.”
For accepting the Sunshine Blogger Award nomination, there are a few rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and ask them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post and/or on your blog.
So a big thank-you to Jonathon for nominating our journal for this award! We thank you for joining us on this journey of discovery.
Now, the questions I was asked:
- What will your blog be like in 5 years? We hope it will be a premier journal publishing meta narratives in science to compliment primary research articles.
- What is it that you enjoy the most about blogging? Meeting story tellers from around the world that share our passion for science.
- What is the purpose of your blog? We believe in the power of the human story to transform science education and communication. Our mission is to characterize the anthropological nature of science from around the world. We believe this an important part of science that deserves study.
- Do you listen to music when writing your blog? Always.
- Do your family & friends know about your blog? Absolutely. In fact, the journal would not have existed without them.
- Do you do any writing other than your blog? Yes, we are part of The Stem Advocacy Institute (SAI) that oversees the journal. Through SAI, we are also involved in publishing many other types of articles including opinions, white papers, reports, and also books!
- What was your reaction to being nominated for the sunshine blogger award? We were filled with gratitude. It isn’t every day that one gets nominated for awards.
- How long does it take you to write an average blog post? We mostly review articles nowadays for publication. That usually takes us 2-3 days.
- Why did you start your blog? There was and still is a lack of human stories in science. Basically, there is a lack of stories behind the science. We believe such stories have the power to transform science education and communication.
- If you could develop a cure for any virus, which one would it be? Ebola. May be procrastination if it was a virus?
- What do you spend most of your spare time doing? (other than blogging). In my spare time, I spend time taking photographs. In fact, I have published a few books!
The answers above were filled out by Fanuel Muindi.
Now for my 11 Nominees….
Questions for my Nominees
- What is the story behind your blog?
- What has been your biggest struggle when it comes to blogging?
- Where do most of your readers or listeners come from?
- What is one thing you wish people knew about your blog?
- What is one way you relieve stress at the end of the day?
- What destination in the world would you like to visit next?
- What will your blog be like in 5 years?
- Where do you find inspiration for your blog posts?
- Dogs or cats?
- What would you do if you received a donation of $10,000 for your blog?
- What is the one quote that inspires you?